This Is Home: 13 Things to Do This Weekend | News
Books! Comic Books! And a whole lot more. This weekend you're in for multiple treats, from the state fair to Civil War classics! Here's our 13 Things to do this weekend.
1. The Houston County Book Sale returns Thursday through Saturday, May 4 at the Georgia National Fairgrounds and Agricenter. The hours at 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. Admission Friday and Saturday is free.
3. Head over to Gray for the 32nd Annual Old Clinton War Days Reenactment on Saturday and Sunday. They reenact two battles that happened in Jones County during the Civil War: Griswoldville and Sunshine Church.
4. The Battle of Byron returns Saturday from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. This year's events include a car show, 5K road race, pie-eating contest, banana relays, mud volleyball, high heel dash, parade of hats, food and music! Find the fun at North Peach Park in Byron.
5. This weekend in Central City Park you can check out the Georgia State Fair, open from May 2-May 5. See the event schedule.
6. Bleckley Relay for Life is happening at MGSC Soccer Field in Cochran from 7 p.m.-midnight Friday.
7. Watch a game at the spring softball tournament at the Southern Pines Complex in Dublin all day Saturday.
8. Cirque du Soleil, "a dramatic mix of circus arts and street entertainment," comes to Macon Centreplex this weekend. They performa live May 3-5. Tickets start at $35.
9. Join in on First Friday fun in downtown Macon:
-- All-Star Jam at the Douglass Theatre, 8-10:30 p.m.
-- Dance, presented by USA Dance at the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame. 7:30-10 p.m., $5 per person
10. Take a Secret Garden tour presented by the Hay House, named a Top 20 event by the Southeast Tourism Society! Call 478-742-8155 for details.
11. Hear the Georgia College Alumni Jazz Band Saturday at 8 p.m.! Vocalists include Milledgevlle-Baldwin Chamber President & CEO April Bragg and Milledgeville City Councilman Philip Joiner.
12. First Friday in Milledgeville is "Showcase Milledgeville" from 6-9 p.m. You can hear live music, check out the used book sale, the Fall Line Farmers Market and more.
13. "Use your Noodle!" to make a fun outdoor game with the kids, using pool noodles courtesy of Parent Magazine.